How to Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally
High blood pressure is a common health issue that affects many people around the world. It is also known as hypertension and can lead to serious health problems like heart attacks, stroke, and kidney failure if left untreated.
While there are medications available to treat high blood pressure, there are also natural ways to lower your blood pressure, as well as natural blood sugar stabilizer supplements that can help as well. In this article, we will discuss some of the ways to lower your blood pressure naturally using smart lifestyle changes and the right supplements.
Understanding Blood Pressure
Before we get into the ways to lower blood pressure naturally, it's important to understand what blood pressure is and how it works.
Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart pumps blood. It is measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg) and consists of two numbers: systolic and diastolic.
The systolic number is the pressure in your arteries when your heart beats, while the diastolic number is the pressure in your arteries when your heart is at rest between beats. A normal blood pressure reading is around 120/80 mmHg, while high blood pressure is defined as 140/90 mmHg or higher.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is often called the "silent killer" because it often has no obvious or clear symptoms. However, some people may experience headaches, shortness of breath, or nosebleeds.
It’s recommended that if you are predisposed to high blood pressure in your family, or if you are over the age of 40, you should get regular checkups to see if you are developing high blood pressure. The best way to deal with it is in a preemptive fashion, however, but the good thing about high blood pressure is that it can be reversed by making healthy lifestyle decisions.
Risk Factors for High Blood Pressure
Some of the primary risk factors for high blood pressure include:
- Family history of hypertension
- Lack of physical activity
- High salt intake
Some blood pressure risk factors are within our control, others are not. As we get older, factors like age and genetic predisposition play an increasingly large role. However, in this case, lifestyle can make a substantial impact on whether or not high blood pressure becomes an issue.
Natural Ways to Lower Blood Pressure
There are quite a few doctor-prescribed medications and other procedures that seek to mitigate high blood pressure. Some of these methods are more effective than others. What’s important is to catch it early and then attempt to address the issue in as natural a way as possible, that’s healthy, minimally invasive, and that will potentially benefit your overall wellness in a multitude of ways.
Below are some of the best ways to naturally lower blood pressure:
- Exercise regularly - Regular exercise can help lower blood pressure by strengthening your heart and improving blood flow. It is recommended to engage in moderate-intensity aerobic exercise for at least 30 minutes, five days a week. Examples of aerobic exercises include brisk walking, jogging, cycling, and swimming. Lifting weights and increasing muscle mass is also associated with heart health.
- Reduce salt intake - High salt intake is a major contributor to high blood pressure. It is recommended to consume less than 2,300 milligrams of sodium per day, which is about a teaspoon of salt. Reducing salt intake can be achieved by avoiding processed foods, using herbs and spices instead of salt, and reading food labels.
- Eat a healthy diet - A diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and low-fat dairy products can help lower blood pressure. It is recommended to follow the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet, which is designed to reduce blood pressure.
- Maintain a healthy weight - Being overweight or obese can increase your risk of developing high blood pressure. Losing weight can help lower blood pressure and improve overall health.
- Reduce stress - Stress can contribute to high blood pressure. Practicing relaxation techniques like deep breathing, meditation, and yoga can help reduce stress levels.
- Quit smoking - Smoking can damage your blood vessels and increase your risk of developing high blood pressure. Quitting smoking can help lower blood pressure and improve overall health. In general smoking incurs a number of health risks, especially as we get older, so cutting it out is the way to go if you are looking for a more holistic approach to tackling any pressing health issues.
Best Blood Sugar Stabilizer Supplements
In addition to the natural ways to lower blood pressure mentioned above, there are also some supplements that may help lower blood pressure. These include:
- All in One Multivitamin: Sometimes it’s the most obvious factors that can help the most when it comes to health. Making sure you are getting enough potassium, iron, and other vital nutrients can play a big role in how well you are able to stabilize your blood sugar and ultimately lower your blood pressure.
- Bioavailable Magnesium: This formula is especially beneficial for overall heart health, as magnesium is one of the most important nutrients that supports the heart.
- Berberine Blood Sugar and Weight Loss Support: For another natural alternative, this Berberine formula might be just what you need to help stabilize your blood sugar naturally. Berberine is being recognized as a natural supplement for blood stabilization, and has been used in folk remedies safely for centuries.
Note, since our blood pressure is so closely tied to so many general bodily processes, a number of different supplements can potentially help. You can view our entire selection of supplements for blood sugar and decide which one might best fit your individual needs.
We understand that high blood pressure can seem like a daunting health challenge to face, but with the right adjustments in diet and lifestyle, it’s possible to address it. Our various blood sugar stabilizer supplements can be an important part of this lifestyle shift.
Here at Feel Younger, we specialize in high-quality supplements, including heart health supplements, nutrient-packed multivitamins, and products that address a wide range of other health concerns as well. Take a look through our entire online supplement store to find what you need or reach out to us directly if you have any questions.